Friday, March 19, 2010

Ireland: Dinner at Gordon Ramsay's Restaurant

When I first booked our trip to Ireland, I was excited about our first Ritz-Carlton experience. I became EVEN MORE excited when I learned that Gordon Ramsay had a restaurant on the 3rd floor of the hotel.We first went into the bar area for a cocktail and were greeted and served by the most professional and helpful server staff that I have ever encountered. With our cocktails, we were served 3 (complimentary) different amuse bouche selections. Each was delicious and unusual - battered mushroom risotto cake, a phyllo dough square filled with pesto, and one that was topped with the yolk of a quail egg.

Upon arriving to our table, we were served (complimentary) mini, deconstructed versions of French Onion soup. Absolutely delicious. The dinner menu was amazing. The 4 of us each ordered something different - John Dorey; Pork chop, cheek, belly served with delicious mashed potatoes; Sea bass with roasted eggplant; and my dish - Braised Halibut with saffron risotto and crab and sesame seed croquettes. We also received sugar snap peas and green beans in a light pesto; and a creamy potatoes au gratin.

After dinner, we were served (complimentary) pre-dessert which was a parfait with pear and a light chocolate mousse. Being the dessert connossiuer that I am, I ordered dessert (I ordered dessert before I knew there was a complimentary pre-dessert). I chose a sugar-glazed gingerbread option with baked apples and gingerbread ice cream. This was a really tasty and light dessert to finish out the meal. Or so I thought. We were next served a round of (complimentary) petit fours, including mini key lime pies, super chocolately bon bons, chilled banana ice cream coated in white chocolate, and a cordial-soaked cherry surrounded by shortbread. This was an amazing experience and by far the best meal I have ever eaten.

After dinner, we were given a private tour of Chef Ramsay's kitchen. It was the biggest, cleanest, and the most efficient place I have ever seen.


2 comments:

  1. So jelous!! You had me at Gordon Ramsey restaurant then you had to go and add that you got a tour. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete