Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kitchen - Before Pics

As I previously mentioned, Jim and I are in the middle of a complete kitchen renovation. Our house was built in the '60s, and the kitchen echoed that style. It is time for a change.

Unfortunately, demolition did not turn out to be as fun as I originally thought. I thought it would be like the HGTV shows... grab a sledgehammer and go to town... fortunately, Jim is smarter than me and explained why we could not use a sledgehammer. Total bummer, but I understood that we had to save the floors and dry wall as best as possible.

Jim began ripping out the 'cabinets,' and we learned that they really were not cabinets. Instead, it looked the original owner built in cabinet-like structures secured to the wall and floors - I'm talking plywood, 2x4's, etc. Tearing out the cabinets was more about stripping out pieces of wood. What a mess! I was responsible for carrying all the wood and millions of nails out to the trash cans in the back yard... Jim did all the hard work.

Overall, we are very excited to get rid of the fake, shelving-paper-lined, broken cabinets; cracked and peeling laminate counter top; weird/gross vent about the stove; rolling/portable dishwasher; annoying double bowl sink, and outdated kitchen. Here are some before and demolition pics... more to follow:

No comments:

Post a Comment